Update: Motherboard problems

I think I've found a possible fix.  Foolishly assuming that my BIOS had
all of the available fixes already installed, I hadn't checked the BIOS
updates.  Right in the first revision was a fix for what looks like my
very hard drive model (or close to it... I'm not sure about the "L" suffix
and I am not in front of my PC ATM...).  It looks like it might fix my
problem.  Now I need to wait until I get off of work.  Be assured that I
will let you all know whether it works or not ;-)  Sorry about the
premature post...  I can be pretty lazy sometimes...

-Chris