Re: Disk geommetry, was Re: Kernel Upgrade: Why?

> I've decided to just
> leave my partitioning as it is until I have a lot more time to workout
> exactly what would be best (which will probably never happen), including
> seeing which directories get most regular access, and which ones tend to
> get accessed alternatively.

Is there any software out there that can do this analysis for you?
Also, has anyone come up with a filesystem that sorts files by size,
so that larger files can take advantage of the increased read speed
at the end of the partition?

--
Matt Folwell, Trinity College, Cambridge.  CB2 1TQ
mjf36@cam.ac.uk