pam-pwdb + NIS + ssh

I noticed that the latest version of ssh in potato introduced PAM
support and totally screwed up ssh for me.  It created an
/etc/pam.d/ssh file with the following contents:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_pwdb.so shadow
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_pwdb.so
password   required     pam_cracklib.so
password   required     pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok use_authtok
session    required     pam_pwdb.so

I can no longer ssh into the machine.  When I comment out the first
three lines (the 2 auth and account entries), ssh works once again.
When it doesn't work, the following gets written into
/var/log/auth.log:

Apr 23 15:30:15 chinook PAM_pwdb[27754]: check pass; user unknown
Apr 23 15:30:18 chinook PAM_pwdb[27754]: check pass; user unknown

I'm using NIS, so I'm not sure if pam_pwdb supports it.  If so, does
anyone know how to configure it?

Thanks,
    Max

--
The hopeful depend on a world without end
Whatever the hopeless may say