which - not working while user

My daughter cannot get her exim to send mail.

When I asked her to type exim -d4 <messageid> as user, she got

bash: exim: command not found

I then asked her to type

which exim

and she reported that nothing happens.
When she logs in as root it works:
/usr/sbin/exim

When she works as normal user, nothing in the /usr/sbin directory shows up
when she uses which. Her permissions are like this:

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 5120 Apr 5 12:39 sbin/

On my system I do not experience the same problem.
We both have hamm installed.

Johann.
| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith;