Re: The case of the missing 64 meg...

> I have a system with 128 meg. of memory but I believe Linux only
> sees half of it and the rest is wasted.

The kernel will only autodetect 64 megs (apparently there was a bug in
some older PCs which caused problems if you probed beyond 64 megs).
You need to pass an argument to the kernel at boot time to tell it you've
got a lot of ram.  Simplest thing to do is put:

append="mem=128m"

in your lilo.conf file.  For my 96 meg machine, I've got a stanza that
reads:

image=/vmlinuz
root=/dev/hda3
append="mem=96m"
label=l

... don't forget to run lilo again after you edit the lilo.conf ...

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |
|           You think you're so smart,  but I've seen you naked          |
|                  and I'll prob'ly see you naked again ...              |
|                 --The Barenaked Ladies,  "Blame It On Me"              |