Re: Scrollbars in Xman

On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 07:43:17PM -0500, Christian Dysthe wrote:
> I am using slink. I remember I after I upgraded from hamm to slink the
> scrollbar in Xman was solid grey. At some point this changed. Now they are
> white with "dotted" lines. These "dotted" lines are all over the gui
> actually, around "Options" and "Section" also. I have seen the same on other
> "primitive" X programs with the same look and feel as Xman: same "dotted" look.
>
> Why did this change, and how can I get the nicer look back?

Do they look like traditional xterm scrollbars?  It sounds like it.  If so,
they are the standard Athena widget set scrollbars.  Sounds like you must
have had one of the alternative Athena widget sets installed (Xaw3D, Xaw95, or
NeXTaw).

The upgrade probably skewed your Athena widget versions.  Make sure you
have the latest xaw-wrappers package and read its documentation.  Joey Hess
knows a lot more about this.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   America is at that awkward stage.  It's
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   too late to work within the system, but