Re: How do I do an ftp install?

Chris Gray wrote:

> I got sold on Debian after reading today's discussion on slashdot.
> However, there doesn't seem to be anything in the Debian web site about
> how one goes about installing from ftp.  It only tells me that it is
> possible.  So what disk images, etc. do I need?
> Thank you in advance,
> Chris Gray
>
> --

Chris,
First let me recommend getting a hold of a Debian CD. There are a lot of available
packages, and unless you have a fast link, it can be quite lengthy. If you have a
CDROM, I would look at the available CD vendors on the debian.org page. You can pick
up a CD for a few bucks and have it in a couple of days. If not you can go to:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/slink/main/disks-i386/current/

and read the documentation there. This site also contains the files necessary to
install the base system.
HTH

--

dyer