Re: Installing Debian On a laptop with a Zip Plus drive

With only 4M RAM you will have problems with the system being very slow
(lots of swapping going on).

Installing ash and linking it to /bin/sh helps a lot, as does replacing
getty with mingetty. You may also want to look at replacing bash with
something smaller.

X recommends 8M+, it may run in 4, but would be too slow to be useable.

- Bruce