Security in Linux

Hi all.  First a THANKS to all who have helped me out in the past.

I am now involved in a research project at SFCC in Spokane, WA for a computer science class, and have taken on the project of security in operating systems.  What I am doing is researching the security problems in Windows NT and Linux.  If any one has had security breaches/problems in any version of Linux I would appreciate being told about it.

If you have had any security issues with Linux such as:  hacking, illegal entry to your system, e-mail messed up, etc. please respond to me and tell me about it.

Thanks to all.

Ed.

(if you would, please, respond to me directly instead of to this list. I'm sure others would like that too.)