Re: dependencies

In my excitement over just how useful the apropos command is, I forgot
to include the following in my previous posting:

To find package which owns <file>:
	dpkg -S <file>
I guess this may not work if you don't have the package installed yet,
which is when it would be most useful.  I guess the only way to find
which package that you don't have installed would provide a lib is to
search the Packages file for that lib.  (The package containing a named
lib is often obvious from the name of the lib, particularly for the
obscure ones which you are less likely to have)

HTH
Rich