Re: Installing CDROM drive

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Steve Girard wrote:

> I am trying to install a cdrom drive on a Linux system.  What needs to
> be done to update the kernel to install the drivers for the cdrom.

Well, unless you compiled a kernel without support for IDE CDROM drives
(or SCSI, as the case may be), you should just be able to boot up and
add an entry for the new drive to /etc/fstab. Otherwise, you'll need to
recompile the kernel with the neccesary drivers included.

Thomas S. Howard
http://www.thegrid.net/gaijin
The primary question about life after death is not whether it is a fact,
but even if it is, what problems that really solves.
	--Ludwig Wittgenstein