Re: A file is not always what you think it is.

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Carl Mummert wrote:

In case these aren't on a particular system, I've found this works well.

$ perl -pi -e 's/\r\n/\n/g' <filename>                  (DOS->UNIX)
$ perl -pi -e 's/\n/\r\n/g' <filename>                  (UNIX->DOS)

AFAIK it's the CR you want to remove (\r in perl) and not the newlines
(\n).

-Dano