Re: Whoops

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Richard Harran wrote:

 : I did something really stupid:
 : 	#mv /usr/bash <somewhere_else>
 : (don't ask).  Then I exited root, and (of course) I can't log in as root
 : to fix it.  I'm still logged in as a normal user, but anything using a
 : script with /bin/bash or /bin/sh doesn't work.
 : Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this.

  $ find / -name '*bash' -print # this will tell you where you moved it
  $ su -s /bin/csh -c 'cp /wherever/bash/went /bin/bash'

 : PS I don't think I have a rescue floppy

They're easy to grab from the ftp site with any ftp/http browser.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD