mail2news problem

Hello!

I've just tried to set up a local mail2news gateway on my
box - and failed miserably so far. :-)

I've set up my aliases like this and ran newaliases afterwards:

lists.earthdawn:	"| /usr/bin/mail2news -o 'Visionaire \
			Networks Mail2News Gateway dante' \
			-n lists.earthdawn"
(this is one line in /etc/aliases - no use of "\" anywhere)

I get this error for every message that should go to the group:

1999-04-19 01:28:34 10Z0zK-0001o3-00 <= thomas@visionaire.ping.de
U=thomas P=local S=310
1999-04-19 01:28:34 10Z0zK-0001o3-00 Neither the system_aliases
director nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery
of | /usr/bin/mail2news -o 'Visionaire Networks Mail2News Gateway
dante' -n lists.earthdawn

This is the procmail recipe that passes the message to the mail2news
alias lists.earthdawn:

:0
* ^From.*earthdawn-owner
{
  :0c:
  ! lists.earthdawn@localhost

  :0:
  lists/earthdawn
}
(also saves a backup in lists/earthdawn - you never know...)

The system is Debian 2.0 with some updates:
thomas@dante:~ [01:30:46] # dpkg -l | grep -e procmail -e exim -e newsgate
ii  exim            1.92-3         Exim Mailer
ii  newsgate        1.6-9          Mail to News and News to Mail Gateway
ii  procmail        3.10.7-6       Versatile e-mail processor.

Anyone know what the error is?

--

 thomas.                                .powered.by.debian/linux.
                                       irc.:.#chatgate, #frust.ger