Re: Looking for trouble.

>> 3) I tried to create some scripts, very simple ones, but they refuse to
>> run, or the system says "command not found." Example: [...]
>> Saved as "telltime," then mode changed with chmod -v u+x telltime. With cat
>> I can still see the contents of the file as plain text. Is this normal?
>> As said, when executing "telltime" the system returns "command not found."

   Are you executing this as root?  If so, root only runs programs in its'
path -- you'd have to do something like a "./telltime" if that were the case.

   Yes, you should be able to cat the file as a plain text file (that's what
it is).  Try doing a "chmod +x telltime" to give everyone executable access
and see if that works.

--
 Regards,  | Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org - More software than
 .         | *any* distribution, rock solid reliability, quality control,