Sending mail with Exmh?

I am trying Exmh and like it a lot. It works great on my Debian 2.1
system except for sending mail. Whenever I compose a message and click
'send' I get this error message:

post: problem initializing server; [BHST] no servers available
send: message not delivered to anyone

I understand that sending mail from a Tk app is not so straightforward.
All I want to do is put the outgoing message into my mailqueue to be
sent using sendmail when I connect to my ISP. I can do this from any
other mail client.

I do not use xdm, not have any desire to. I log on and run startx. Has
anyone managed to send mail with Exmh and Debian? If so, please tell me
how to do it.

Many thanks.

--
Phillip Deackes