Re: Network problems with Vortex Adapter

I have had similar problems with 3c905b.
The trouble is propbably that the PCI card is in the first PCI slot, the
bios has problems reporting it to the kernel. Check the /proc/pci what irq
it has, if no irq is shown than its the PCI slot. You can either change
position of the card or turn PCI to manual in the bios, and assigning a
free irq to that card.
On thr other hand you could be lucky and have just misconfigured.
make sure that the correct module is loaded then go to
/etc/init.d/networks and check that the values are correct.
/nisse