Re: Some email bounces = misconfigured exim? REVISITED

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

> George Bonser writes:
<snip>
> Of course send the mail through the ISP's mail server.  When did I say
> otherwise?
<snip>

Ahem... That's it! I think I've been sending it directly. Haven't even
though of that. Well I surely don't remember ever entering my smtp
server's info at any stage. 8-]

As far as I unserstand, smart host is what I want to configure,
right? I.e. specify my ISP's smtp server as a smart host.

I've just read through exim's man-page, sample exim.conf, and even
exim FAQ, and found info on smart hosts nowhere. My exim version is
the one that came with Slink, 2.05 i.e.

Please, tell me where to dig for info on how to configure delivery
through ISP's smtp.

Thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYDE