Re: How to format a Debian System?

>> "CW" == Carsten Wagenseil <borisathome@t-online.de> writes:

CW> install the system and the packages, but there is nowhere
CW> mentioned how to format or clean the system.

Maybe because you usually never do this? My Debian system was install
more then 2 years ago, was upgraded and changed hardware (even the
harddisk it was on). I never reinstalled and I don't have any plans to
ever do this.

CW> I want to make new installation and it is a very difficult and
CW> longwinded way formating the system with Dos.

You install from the rescue disk or from the CD (like for the first
install). You skip the step "Partition a harddisk" if you want to keep
your current disklayout, but do a "Initialise partition" on every of
your Linux partition but the swap partition. Initialize = format.

Ciao,
	Martin