Re: Pine question

iehrenwald wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I am using pine to read/send mail.  I am also using a dial-up connection
> for my Internet access.  My login name for my machine is 'ian'.  My
> account on my ISP is 'iehrenwald'.  How do I get pine to send mail from
> 'iehrenwald@earthlink.net' and not 'ian@solvent' or whatever it is at now?
> I tried playing with the passwd file using chfn but that didn't seem to do
> it?  Anyone have some ideas?  Thanks.
>
>                 --Ian Ehrenwald
>                   iehrenwald@earthlink.net
Your ISP will have to change the e-mail address if you want it changed.
You can not usually do that. The way it appears to us when we recieve it
is shown below:

iehrenwald <ian@earthlink.net>

this is correct, any other address will result in your not getting the
mail.
begin:vcard
n:Foster;John
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.advance-computing.com
org:AdVance-Computing Systems;WHQ
version:2.1
email;internet:jfoster@augustmail.com
title:Owner
note:We Build Multi-Processor Computers
adr;quoted-printable:;;Stonetrail Drive=0D=0ASuite  A;Plano;Texas;75023-7223;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;22240
fn:John Foster
end:vcard