Re: looking for correct 'insmod de4x5' args

> On 13-Apr-99 MJ Watson wrote:
> > Been working a while on getting a DEC 21142 card up on a 2.0 install
> > but apparently haven't hit on the right parms.  The system is a DEC
> > Celebris 6200, Intel 233.
> >
> > The network is 10Mb, half-duplex.  Attempts have included:
> >
> > insmod de4x5
> > insmod de4x5 args='eth0:autosense=10Mb' (also tried TP, what the heck)
> > insmod de4x5 args='eth0:autosense=10Mb dec_only=1'
> >
> > Also, what would the parm be for debugging?
> >

> Try editing the de4x5.c file.  Search for DEBUG.  Should give you what you
> want.
>
> Try the following as well.
>
> Place this in your modules file in /etc (new Debian systems use
> /etc/modutils/alias, then run update-modules).
>
> alias eth0 de4x5 (or is that backwards)
> options eth0 io=0x00
>
> Do edit them for sanity.

Hi,
I had those problems as well and set the media-type manually. I did it
with the 0.76-version of the driver. Just make these changes for
10base2-media:

> - tp->cur_index = i;
> + tp->cur_index = 2;

I tried newer versions as well but I coulnt find the right place to
manually set the media type. If you have more luck, just let me know.

Btw. I using the tulip-driver and not the de4x5-driver...

Gery
Wolfgang Bauer              SKWB Schoellerbank Aktiengesellschaft
Sterneckstr. 5, 5024 Salzburg, Austria - Phone: ++43-662-8684-364
email:   Wolfgang.Bauer@skwbschoellerbank.at
private: Gernot.Bauer@jk.uni-linz.ac.at

Microsoft does have a year 2000 problem - we're it.