Re: support for multiple network cards?

Well the kernel 'used' to only detect one card at boot to protect
against hanging on boot.  This meant that you 'used' to have to fill
in the appropriate IRQ, I/O Base info in the append statement in the
lilo.conf file.  Something like append="ether=10,0x3b0,eth0 ether=5,0x2b0,eth1"

I also know that there was a way to get around this problem of the
kernel only auto-detecting one card maybe by way on conf.modules
configuration? I don't know ...

I certainly have two routers with 3 nics in each that boot this way.
Once that has been sorted out, setting up the nics is easy ....

Shaun

--
          (o_