Re: printing problem

The problem is coming from the /etc/magicfilter/dj500-filter script.

I had a look at mine, and the last line is:
	default			filter 	/usr/bin/djscript -q
which is the command which you don't have.  This is for printing normal
text files.  Above this it suggests using something else if you don't
have djscript.  I don't have djscript myself, so what I have in
/etc/magicfilter/dj550c-filter (which is the script which I use for my
printer is:
	default			cat	\eE\e&k2G\e(0N	\eE
This works for me (and I guess does exactly cat <text> >/dev/lp<x> which
you previously mentioned was working.
I suggest you try commenting out the old 'default' line in your
dj500-filter, and replacing it with this.

HTH

Rich

PS. anyone know where to get djscript from, or if it is worth using?