KDE .deb libs problem

Hi Folks,

I downloaded the kde 1.1 debs from a local kde mirror, and installed
them without any problem on my freshly installed, pure-slink box.

I had to install qt from potato:

ii  qt1g            1.42-2         Shared Library used by applications linked

As there wasn't a version of qt recent enough in slink (AFAIK).

MOst of it works fine, except some apps. When I try and run them from an
xterm (or equiv), I get the following error:

$ kab
kab: error in loading shared libraries
/usr/X11R6/lib/libkfile.so.2: undefined symbol: __pure_virtual
$ konsole
konsole: error in loading shared libraries
: undefined symbol: __pure_virtual

Now, I realise that those .debs are probably 'unofficial' and therefore
'unsupported', but I was hoping someone on the list might be able to
give me some pointers.

Cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
(damon@empire.net.au)     | As my head fell in the basket,