kernel 2.2.5 symlinks

Hi,

the README for Linux 2.0.36 kernel tells me, that /usr/include/{asm,linux,scsi}
should be symlinks to /usr/src/linux/include/{asm,linux,scsi}, respectively.
They aren't. They are normal directories. That's wrong, isn't it? The
installation of Slink has done so.

I've upgraded to Linux 2.2.5 kernel. Its README doesn't say anything about
those symlinks. But I've problems to compile some libraries. Someone
told me, that this can be caused by different versions of installed
includes or libraries, that don't fit together.

Must I delete the directories /usr/include/{arm,linux,scsi} and replace
them with those symlinks?

Armin