Re: ftp has stopped working

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Richard E. Hawkins Esq. wrote:

> one of our systems is now refusing incoming connections, generating the
> error,

> ftp: connect: Connection refused

> This has survived through a reboot.  Can anyone give me a hint?

Check your inetd.conf and make sure that inetd is running.  That's the
message you get when there's no ftpd running on the socket that the client
tries to attach to.  (It's usually 21.  You probably should also check the
client to make sure it isn't doing something stupid.)
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)
Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/