Re: matlab 5.3 seg fault (can it use both libc.so.6 & libc.so.5 ?)

 On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 amj@fhs.lawrence.ks.us wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 	Mathworks tech support has been unable to help get matlab 5.3
> running on my Debian system.  I was wondering if anybody else has got
> it working and perhaps would know how to fix my problem.

 Hi, I haven't undated my 5.2 to 5.3, but I got 5.2 working after some
 mucking about.  My problem was that I had created some symlinks in /usr/lib,
 which was causing the problem.

 I eventually found the problem by stepping though the script which calls
 matlab, because it actually changes some of the library linking stuff.  Walk
 through the lines of that file until you come to the place where you
 start /usr/local/matlab/bin/lnx86/matlab and do the ldd there.  Then check
 the links of all the libraries mentioned there.  Check that every library
 used has been installed by a proper debian package if you suspect you made
 the same mistake I did.

Robert.
----
Robert King, Australian Environmental Studies, Griffith University, Australia
3875 6677   Robert.King@mailbox.gu.edu.au   http://www.ens.gu.edu.au/robertk/

"This library is open one hour each fortnight.  No book shall leave these
 premises. We have sworn it with an oath!"
 -- Library of King Ashurbanipal, Babylon, ca. 3000 BC.