RE: Help! Kernel woes. -- SoundBlaster

Hello!

I just went through this fight with my AWE32... there are some docs out there
that will really help.
For reference: zless /usr/doc/HOWTO/Sound-HOWTO.gz
And the big gun: zless /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/Soundblaster-AWE.gz

All the stuff in there about ISA PnP should apply. ( I'm not sure how kernel
2.2 resolves the module loading before PnP devices are configured thing, so
this may not apply if you are on a 2.2.* system)

The only other pointer that I can give is that in /etc/isapnp.conf should be a
default line of
(ISOLATE PRESERVE).
to get mine to work I had to change that line to
(ISOLATE CLEAR)

>From what I can divine from the documentation, that resets the PnP hardware
settings... I'm sure there is someone more knowledgeable than I for that kind
of explanation. Of course, YMMV...

~
-Jonathan
jlupa@CSISolutions.com
Senior Programmer -- Creative Solutions Inc.