Re: Again: Problems with Diamond Viper V550

Sebastian Lindenmüller <Sebastian.Lindenmueller@ksk.ivm.de> writes:

| Hi!
|
| XFree 3.3.3 is on the 5. CD of my debian-distribution, but I can't install
| it. Could anyone please help me by writing a short manual how to install a
| new program with DSelect? I'm trying it since 9 hours now.

Personally I didn't bother installing a Debian version. I pulled the
XF86_SVGA (version 3.3.3) directly off of:

ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/current/binaries/Linux-ix86-glibc/Servers

file name XSVGA.tgz. I untarred it and installed the resulting
XF86_SVGA in /usr/local/bin. I then edited the file /etc/X11/Xserver
so that the first line was

/usr/local/bin/XF86_SVGA

and I was off and running with my Creative RivaTNT without upgrading
to anything in potato.

Gary