Re: Can not mail to myself

> > I can't send mail to armin@localhost (that's my login).
> > That's not good, because fetchmail likes to do so.
> > What must I do to bring this in order?
>
> Too little information.  Try again, and list all your mail software,
> beside fetchmail.  Do you run sendmail, exim, or some other package?
>
> Can you send mail to just armin (no @)?
> or armin@whatever-your-machine-name-is ?
> use the command "hostname" if you don't know your
> machine's name.
> If one of these other addresses work, change your .fetchmailrc
> to use that instead.
>
> You can get plenty of info about programs by using the "man" command.
> (i.e. "man fetchmail" for info on fetchmail and so on.)

I'm running slink with kernel 2.2.5.
I use exim. There is no other mail software installed.
I can send mail to armin and to armin@lebowski. lebowski is the hostname.
Sure, I've read the manual page of exim and fetchmail. But a manpage
is more a reference than an introduction for an newbie.
I've even looked into my ~/.fetchmailrc. The recipient was given as armin.
The error message was:
	armin@lebowski:~ $ fetchmail
	Enter password for wegner@ldv.uni-trier.de:
	1 message for wegner at ldv.uni-trier.de (2454 octets).
	reading message 1 of 1 (470 header octets) fetchmail: SMTP listener doesn't like recipient address `armin@localhost'
	fetchmail: can't even send to armin!
	fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from ldv.uni-trier.de
	fetchmail: Query status=10

I've configured exim with eximconf to local delivery and edited
~/.fetchmailrc by hand. I have added "is armin@lebowski".
fetchmail works now.

Nevertheless I tested to mail to armin@localhost. The following mail
has been returned: