Re: WordPerfect for Linux installation problem...

In a message dated 4/15/99 7:46:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
dnelson@wanadoo.fr writes:

> I downloaded WordPerfect for Linux (an X application), gunzipped it to a
>  tar file and then ran tar on it to extract about 8 or 9 files plus Runme
>  (the installer script) and readme (the info and instructions). I put the
>  lot in /tmp on my filesystem. I run Runme and it starts unpacking stuff,
>  and then there are a whole list of messages as to how it couldn't find
>  such and such a directory for CHMOD. At the end it asks me for my
>  installation directory (I suppose I'm expected to say what directory I
>  want WordPerfect installed in), and when I enter a new directory name,
>  it says that it's no good.

You don't have all the libraries you need installed.  Please check with
linux.corel.com and make sure you have everything you need.  In particular,
make sure you have the libc versions installed.

-Jay