WordPerfect for Linux installation problem...

Hi there,
Anybody got any ideas for this?

I downloaded WordPerfect for Linux (an X application), gunzipped it to a
tar file and then ran tar on it to extract about 8 or 9 files plus Runme
(the installer script) and readme (the info and instructions). I put the
lot in /tmp on my filesystem. I run Runme and it starts unpacking stuff,
and then there are a whole list of messages as to how it couldn't find
such and such a directory for CHMOD. At the end it asks me for my
installation directory (I suppose I'm expected to say what directory I
want WordPerfect installed in), and when I enter a new directory name,
it says that it's no good.

There were a whole series of folders created at the top of my
filesystem, many of which contain subdirectories and files, some of
which contain nothing.

At one point it complains it doesn't find libm.so.5. This doesn't appear
to be installed, it doesn't apparently form part of the debian
distribution (no entry for it in the dselect packages list), and
WordPerfect says nothing about some extra needed library file.

I then gunzip and tar into the root directory of the filesystem to see
if that works better. Here, the installer starts unpacking stuff (no
messages, but the hard disk works hard) and then after a while silence
falls and nothing happens (I gave it 10 minutes).

Does anybody have any ideas at all? The rest of my system works fine,
and I tried running the script from X and from a console. The
instructions say run it from within sh, whereas bash is the default
shell installed by Debian, and I did run sh from within bash before
starting the script.

Yours,
Puzzled and Disappointed