Re: Help! Kernel woes.

William R Pentney <pentney@cse.Buffalo.EDU> writes:

> I have tried recompiling a 2.2 kernel, and now I have two problems:
>
> 1) The new kernel isn't recognizing my network card. I used the "PCI
> NE2000" option; it worked before on a 2.0.34 kernel I compiled on a
> floppy. Might I be missing an important option?

Which card is it?

> 2) I still can't use sound. I have a SoundBlaster 16 PnP, and a look at
> /dev/sndstat reveals that the driver is there, but it doesn't recognize
> any audio devices.

Did you compile it in kernel or as modules. I also have a SB16, and
found that it was a bit unobvious how to configure it in
menuconfig... Did you get to the step of specifying the DMA, IRQ
etc.etc.? Which driver did you chose? You should have chosen "OSS sound
modules" AND "100% Sound Blastaer compatibles", and only then would
you have been revealed the possibility to enter I/O, IRQ etc.

Cheers,
--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYDE