Re: x11amp 0.9-beta1.1

> Actually, I'm basically running a glibc2 version of potato. :)  (I
> compiled many of the potato stuff using the glibc2 in slink on a slink
> system).  I'm still a little squeamish about glibc2.1 and I'm running
> potato at work where ddd has just stopped working since upgrading from
> slink.  I need ddd at home, so I'm not willing to take that step yet.

Ah well, back in the day I was running a mostly slink system with a few
potato libraries force-installed, so I see where you're coming from. :)

> Thanks for posting that... made me look at mine which is almost the
> same... except for a few key differences:  The first 4 libraries are
> missing!  Well, that'll cause the errors I was getting, unfortunately, I
> haven't the foggiest idea how to correct that.
>

> I do, though it hasn't caused a problem in the past (even with
> x11amp-0.9a[123])  I have libgtk1 installed for the version of gimp I run
> (I've been meaning to upgrade, maybe this is an excuse) but not
> libgtk1-dev, so I don't see how stuff like this could be happening.

I had a problem with the old slink packages of the libraries, so gtk-config
was giving me the wrong one. So instead of compiling the new libraries in
/usr/local I just replaced them with potato ones (pre-glibc2.1 days).

I'm at a loss as to why x11amp can't find those files. Maybe you need to
explicitly put /usr/lib in your $LD_LIBRARY_PATH? I unset it but it didn't
affect my x11amp.

Alan