2.2.x kernels

Hi,

We're going to install a new server next week, and I'm interested in any
opinions regarding the stability of 2.2.x kernels.  I'm leaning towards
using a 2.1.125 kernel since we're using that elsewhere and it's
extremely stable.  I've heard rumors that the 2.2.x kernels are no good
for very busy machines, like news servers.

The server in question is a fairly busy POP and SMTP server, and also
does a few other things.  It's an IBM Netfinity 5000, 192 MB ram, 2 4.5
G HDD, 1 PII-350, on-board AIC-7895, etc.  The 2.0.36 kernel on the
rescue disk does boot the box and installs successfully.

Thanks in advance for any input!  Private replies welcomed.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD