Re: Cheapbytes CDs

William R Pentney wrote:

> This is odd. I used Cheapbytes' Debian 2.0 CD to install Linux (later
> upgraded to slink via FTP) and everything worked quite smoothly. I
> recommended them to a few friends. Have a lot of you out there had bad
> experiences with them?
>
> - Bill
>
> On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Assad Khan wrote:
>
> > I got Debian 2.1 slink from Cheapbytes a few weeks back. base2_1.tgz is
> > corrupted, even though I got a 4 CD set.
> > So now I dont have Linux installed on my second hard drive at all! :-((
>

> --

I had problems with some hamm discs I got back in august. Frustrated, I
bought replacements from LSL. Reflecting back, I'm not so sure that the
problem didn't originate with me. I'd have try and install them again,
but I don't think I about to do that too soon.

My slink discs installed perfectly without incident.
--
                                         __   _
Mark Wagnon             Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __