re- cheapbytes cd

>A friend had a problem installing base2_1.tgz from my >Cheapbytes
>4 CD set (I only upgraded).

How did you upgrade using the CD?  I downloaded the latest apt (0.3x)
from ftp.debian.org as the cd came with 0.1.8.  I noticed a program
called apt-cdrom which is supposed to set up /etc/apt/sources.list for
you. (the man pages say you SHOULD not edit sources.list by hand...)
Anyway I tried to run apt-get update -f and
apt-get upgrade and got lots of errors about the wrong cd being mounted
(It was looking for binary #2 but would only let me mount binary #1).
I backed up my /var/lib/dpkg directory before I started so I can
restore the database (nothing got upgraded yet) and try again with the
apt that was on the CD?

===
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze