Audio CDs don't index properly with xcdroast

I read the manuals for both xcdroast and cdrecord but I couldn't find an
answer to my problem.  I didn't know where to post this message, so I
thought I'd start here.

The problem I'm experiencing is that when I burn audio CDs using
xcdroast/cdrecord, I can't jump to a specific track on the CD using my
audio CD player unless I am playing the first track.  I can only advance

track by track.  One clue that I see is that after my CD player starts
playing any of the tracks on the CD, the display always reports it is on

the first track, even though it is playing other tracks.  This only
happens on CDs I have burned and not on commerical CDs.  Also CDs burned

in an NT windows environment using other software works fine on my CD
player, so I suspect the problem is related to my configuration of
xcdroast or cdrecord.  I am running recent versions of both
(xcdroast-0.96e and cdrecord 1.6).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve Kilgore