Re: Any way to convert Word 7 files?

On 13 Apr 1999, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I've a nasty feeling the answer is going to be  "no", but I wonder whether
> there is any way to convert or read a Word 7 file on linux?
>
> Or do I have to borrow a Windows machine and convert it to txt?

Thanks to all who replied about this. A lot of you suggested WP8 but I was
unable to get this to install, possibly because it doesn't work with kernel
2.2.x. Anyway, I don't think it's worth the amount of disk space it would
take (I like vim/latex).

Strings is a good idea; I hadn't heard of it previously. I'll give it a go.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: www.achc.demon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)