Re: Cheapbytes Debian 2.1

Allen Wong wrote:

> Has anyone successfully installed Debian 2.1 from a Cheapbytes CD?
> I keep getting error messages with dselect stating that some of the
> packages are out of date and I need a newer version.  I am a newbie with
> Debian but not with Linux, having installed redhat and Slackware many
> times.

Allen

I have. I installed slink with them, but I don't remember any error
messages though. That was about a month ago, so who knows?

I do remember that I had bought some hamm cd-roms from cheapbytes, and
they gave me a lot of problems. Maybe the discs are messed up in some
way?

Since then, I've decided to live dangerously and use potato
--
                                         __   _
Mark Wagnon             Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __