Re: mounting floppy disk

Daniel Gonz_lez Gasull:
> > I have problems mounting /dev/fd0:
> >
> >         # mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
> >         mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/fd0 as a block device
> >                (maybe `insmod driver'?)

Jens B. Jorgensen:
> This would seem to indicate your kernel lacks floppy drive support!? What
> do you get from: 'cat /proc/devices | grep fd'?

And what do you get for 'ls -l /dev/fd0'?

I get:
  brw-rw----   1 root     floppy     2,   0 Apr 13 20:16 /dev/fd0

The important bits in that are the "b" at the beginning and the "2, 0" in
the middle.

You will get a different date and time - that's normal.

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently