Re: Symbolic links behaviour

Hello Gary,

On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 12:57:03PM -0700, Gary Singleton wrote:
> Take a look at the "symlinks" package first - I forget
> it's capabilities but it just might do this for you.
> IIRC it's in utils.

When I saw the description in the .deb file I thought it was exactly
what I was looking for.  After reading the manpage I noticed that
symlinks does the opposite of what I want: It changes absolute links
to relative links.  The good news is that it identifies links that
point to another filesystem and also dangling links.  The bad news is
that it seems to stop recursing into sub-directories at some point and
does not find all symlinks. :(
I will now download the source package, try to understand it and
change it to do what I need.

Thank you.

--
Ruben Leote Mendes - etruben@ua.pt