apache proxy configuration on slink

Hello Debian land,

Does anyone know where I should put the configuration
directives, in order to switch on proxy caching.

I am following the guidelines in the O'Riely book on apache, and
it says to place the directives in a file called .../site.proxy

This file I created as /etc/apache/site.proxy

The file contains the following directives:

User www-data
Group www-data
ServerName draal.oa.nl
AccessConfig /dev/null
ResourceConfig /dev/null

Port 8000
ProxyRequests on
CacheRoot /var/www/site.proxy/cache
CacheSize 10000
CacheDirLevels 3
CacheDirLength 2

I have re-started apache and even re-booted the machine, so if
apache was going to read this file it would have.  I have a
feeling thought that this information should go into one of the
other config files in /etc/apache/

Anyone have any clues..?

Thanks,
John.
begin:vcard
n:Stevenson;John
tel;fax:+31 20 34 22 820
tel;work:+31 20 34 22 820
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.oa.nl
org:OA Europe
version:2.1
email;internet:John@oa.nl
title:Technical Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;Objective Alliance=0D=0AHoghilweg 14L;Amsterdam;Zoud Oust;1101 CD;Nederlands
x-mozilla-cpt:;-11328
fn:John  Stevenson
end:vcard