missing libraries on svgalibg1 install

Hello,

I'm having tremendous difficulties with a programme that I am writing and
the root of the problem seems to be with svgalib for some reason.

To try to establish whether this is true and to attemp to fix the break I
decided to purge svgalib ( dpkg --purge --force-depends svgalibg1 ) and
reinstall ( dselect ).

During the setup phase of dselect I get the following errors :

ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libvgagl.so.1 (No such file or directory)
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libvga.so.1 (No such file or directory)

My questions are:are these important libraries (presumably so) ?
		 where can I get these libraries ?
		 do I need to reinstall svgalib to make svgalib aware of them ?
		 can I reinstall svgalib without the purge/dselect routine ?

TIA
Ivan.