Re: too big packages?

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > What about dividing deb-packages into smaller pieces? Which kind of
> > software can handle this from a dos-machine into the debian-machine?
> >

> I think maybe pkzip can. I'm not sure though.

I'll see. I think that I've got the docs of pkzip. But can the debain
zip-uncompressing program handle the chunks, provided I can make them with
dos-pkzip?

> If you have another Unix computer, you can break files into chunks with
> 'split,' then reassemble them with 'cat'. Look at the man pages for those
> utilities.

This seems to be a good option. If my local network Unix machine has got
'slip'... I'll see.

> Another option is to write a CD on a friend's CD-writer, or borrow a Zip
> drive.

This the way I've used, but the only cd-writer which really is locally
available is with a commercial company and they charge a lot for its
use...

> Havoc

hv