Re: [off-topic] How to auto-run xlock?

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 10:49:07PM -0600, Rick Macdonald wrote:
> > I have a program that I want to run only while my PC is unattended. I
> > don't need the screen locked necessarily.

> How about the "xautolock" package?

Ah, that's what I was asking for! But, I like the /proc/interrupts
solution better now. It gives me a Tcl-only capability, and will work even
if X isn't running.

I may later need a solution for Solaris and other platforms, and xautolock
is the only one I have so far. Thanks!

> Urp.  That's not free!  I just noticed that and I've been using it for
> years.

It's almost free. There's even a note in the copyright field quoting the
author saying it "should be ok" for debian releases. There must be still
some detail that the DFSG doesn't like.

...RickM...