Error with kernel 2.2.5 on Debian

When booting kernel 2.2.5 under Debian 2.1, I get the error as attached.
Once booted, everything seems to work fine. I'm guessing this error has
something to do with networking... Any hints? Because it appears setserial
is run later in the boot process, I don't think its causing the problem,
or is it? The version of /etc/rc.boot/0setserial that I'm using is slink
default.

Alec
Mounting local file systems...

/dev/hda3 on /home type ext2 (rw)

SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument

eth0: Setting Rx mode to 1 addresses.

Starting portmapper...
#! /bin/sh
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
route add -net 127.0.0.0
IPADDR=130.108.229.31
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=130.108.229.0
BROADCAST=130.108.229.255
GATEWAY=130.108.229.1
ifconfig eth0 ${IPADDR} netmask ${NETMASK} broadcast ${BROADCAST}
[ "${GATEWAY}" ] && route add default gw ${GATEWAY} metric 1