Re: fdformat missing

Excuse my ignorance (I've only ever used dos 6.20 with 1.44M disks),
but...

Why is ext2 wasteful of disk space?

I usually format to 1920k
(83 tracks doesn't always work for me, so I don't use 1992k).

The larger block size and reserved space can be looked after with
"mke2fs -b 512 -m 0 ...", and if it makes much difference you can even
change the bytes per inode ratio with the "-i" option.

I find the "lost+found" feature to be worth losing 12k over
(a good technical reason to use ext2?).

- Bruce