StarOffice and S3V - solved!

Hi,

Like several other persons I experienced a problem of crashing XWindows
while trying to run StarOffice (yes, I have S3ViRGE card). By using
the SVGA server I could solve the problem but unfortunately Netscape
icons looks funny at 24bpp. Recently I noticed that VMWare has a couple of
optimized xservers (http://www.vmware.com/support/xfree86.html). I
downloaded s3v, changed the first line in /etc/X11/Xserver and everything
works as expected now. StarOffice doesn't hang up and Netscape looks
great. I hope someone will find this information useful.

--
  Tad