Re: fdformat missing

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Egon Schmid wrote:

[ snip ]

 : This is a Linux ML and I think the default answer should be a Linux
 : filesystem. Do all people on the ML read floppies on Windows 95/98/2000 or
 : NT?  What about installing vmware (www.vmware.com) and use M$ together
 : with Debian.

Well, we'd better get rid of fdisk and refuse to use the partition
table, too.

The real reason FAT filesystems are good for floppies is because it
wastes the least space, while providing a decent medium for transferring
data.  If you really need the features ext2 provides then by all means
use mke2fs.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD